Chicken Math - my turn

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rachel'sFlock, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

So, it has finally happened. Now my 6- 22 week old BA's are laying, I want more chickens!!!
    I am going to a local nursery to check them out, and hopefully pick up 4 more new babies of the same breed.
    As they will need to be brooded for a couple of months before being integrated into my current flock, I assume this will meet any quarantine requirements.
    However, I am concerned about bringing them in with my Ladies, when their time to go out into the coop comes.
    I have heard slipping them in at night is a good way to go, but I am seeking other suggestions on how to minimize agression of the Big girls towards the little ones (and one roo) I am bringing home.
    Any specific suggestions regarding integrating a little roo in with the women he will, one day, be expected to breed with?
    Never done this before, so I could use all the help I can get.
    Have started asking now, because I am hoping to learn all I can between now and the new babies being added to the flock.
    Thanks, in advance, as always.

Brightest Blessings
  2. Rachel'sFlock

PS- sorry if this belonged under Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying, rather than Raising Baby Chicks.
  3. Rachel'sFlock

thanks so much ChickensAreSweet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by