~Chicken Math strikes again!~

Peep Talk

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Fort Loudon, PA
It all started when my dog got out and attack my chickens about a month ago. I had ended up losing 15 chickens that day and among those lost, 4 were my favorites in the flock of 49.
sad.png
Needless to say, the chicken killer got rehomed. Everything must live in harmony here and if they don't, they go.

Anyway, I decided that I needed to order some pullets to replace the ones that I lost. So after lots of searching around, I found that MPC offered the Pullet Assortment for large fowl and shipping was included in the $62 price. Couldn't beat it when their shipping is $35 to begin with.
ep.gif

After much waiting, I recieved my order of 25 pullets from MPC on Thursday and ended up losing 7 of them within 24 hours so I am being refunded for those 7 lost chicks. The money being refunded to me isn't near as important as me losing that many babies when I was ready to keep them all.
love.gif
I was heartbroken to lose so many babies after following the directions that they offer when you order the chicks. Well, I immediately started thinking about replacing the ones that I lost since MPC wouldn't replace them without me having to pay a shipping cost.
hide.gif

So, my search began here on BYC, looking over the hatchery reviews and I came upon someone talking about Ideal's bantam special this month.
droolin.gif
Well, needless to say, I went right to Ideal's website to look at said special. $24.95 for 25 bantam chicks plus free shipping because I live in Texas!
celebrate.gif
Ok, so this is a done deal! I placed the order this morning.
smile.png
I'm probably going to get an earful from the DH
rant.gif
but I'm prepared to tell him that 25 bantams really only equal 12.5 large fowl chickens so I'm only 5.5 chickens over my original order. Which I can easily take care of by getting rid of the roos that come in the straight run order of bantams.
smile.png

So this right here is another classic case of chicken math! I went from 49 chickens to 34 chickens, to 59 chickens to 52 chickens and now right back up to 77 chickens if everyone survives the bantam shipment!
wee.gif
pop.gif
Guess I'm going to have to really dwindle down my numbers since I promised that I wouldn't go over 50 chickens.
smack.gif

Your math is a little off since in my form of chicken math chicks don't count until they are fully grown so you still only have 34 chickens.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom