CHICKEN MAYBE WITH AVIAN POX?!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Melovechickens, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Melovechickens

Melovechickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2017
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I am a little bit worried that my baby Falcon has Avian Pox. I've had a chicken bullied in the past and it looked like this, but I read some article on this and I saw that it can be deadly and I got a little worried. I have a very small flock, only three birds. Two from the previous flock passed away. One from ascites and the other from being killed by an animal. Anyways we got two new birds and the bird in the pictures is one of them. The lady had like 500 birds and I don't know if they were all healthy. We've had them for a few months and nothing has gone wrong. The dominant hen is being a butt though. Someone please help me!! I'm pretty new to chickens. Only had my first flock for a year and only one is left from the old flock.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Melovechickens

Melovechickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2017
    My cochin also has little white streaks on her comb. I don't know if that's just like dry skin or something so yeah. My dominant hen doesn't have this though.

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    That looks like peck wounds to me. Pecking can also look white when healing. If it is dry skin you can use some coconut oil on the combs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by