Chicken Medical Manual :D

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3, Oct 9, 2011.

1. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    I have been wanting to make an chicken emergency/ injury ,so if and when something happens You can just find this post, or you can make an word doc. and then just look there. Please add an injury/ cure post if its not listed or you treat it an different way. Symptoms and causes, and cures are welcome also. I have added Can you please send in cures to as listed? Thanks in advanced [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ant Stings- children's Benadryl if he starts to have a reaction to it (swelling or difficulty breathing). less...1/2ml, 1/2ml is also recommended for scorpion stings.
    It will make him sleepy. Otherwise, you can soak him in warm water with epsom salt to relieve minor itching.

Scorpion stings- less...1/2ml, 1/2ml of benadryl

poisonous snakebite - 1ml could be used if applicable

Cuts- anti-biotic ointment, (Neosporin, Watch out for pain relievers that have ingredents with "caine" in them they are toxic) then wrap with medical wrap, or bandage

Broken leg-

Trouble breathing-

Itching-

Bumps on legs-

Limping-

Sneezing-

crusted nose-

blood in poop-

conccidiosis-

prolapse-

diarrhea-

Thorn in foot or wing -

Woln't eat or drink-

Hen-pecking - put neosporin on the pecked places and vicks vap-o-rub on the un-pecked feathers around it. You can also use Rooster Booster and the chickens won't peck the spot again. We do the Vicks and it works really well.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    [​IMG] Great idea!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    For an ant sting, the childrens benedryl dosage should be less...1/2ml, 1/2ml is also recommended for scorpion stings.
    1ml could be used for poisonous snakebite if applicable.

4. burbankchix

burbankchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    California
    Hen-pecking - put neosporin on the pecked places and vicks vap-o-rub on the un-pecked feathers around it. You can also use Rooster Booster and the chickens won't peck the spot again. We do the Vicks and it works really well. [​IMG]

5. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    Thanks I added them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by