Chicken medicine chart

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JensChickies, Oct 30, 2014.

1. JensChickies

JensChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    Looking up stuff a couple of weeks ago, I found this chart so I thought I would share it.
    It's from Poultry Pedia. It's a good starting place for new chicken owners like myself. My disclaimer is that I would always research any medicine before giving and of course ask the BYC/vet if possible.

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart

1 person likes this.
  2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    That is one of the better ones out there, one I use a sanity check quite often. I know you know this, but other people should read the fine print and note that the doses listed are for a five pound bird, so one needs to know the weight of their bird and will need to do a little math to get the most effective dose for their bird.

-Kathy

3. JensChickies

JensChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014

This chart also gave a standard doses for batril...which lol....I don't quite agree with, but it wasn't bad. I will have to go look at the sanity check one.

A while ago I saw a post about someone wanting to give Tylenol ....and I thought to myself...I don't think that's safe. Luckily before I could post somebody else told them they didn't think it was safe. So maybe a chart like this can help some people.

1 person likes this.
  4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by