Chicken mite/flea signs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kherokee, Nov 4, 2014.

1. kherokee

kherokee Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2014
    Connecticut
    [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

Hello! I was wondering that the signs of mites and fleas or worms were for chickens. I'm almost positive she's just molting but I just wanted some second opinions and tips!

She is losing a lot of feathers, but also itching and plucking a few probably due to stress. I found a couple feathers sprinkled in what looked like white dandruff. It doesn't move, it's just flakes.

She's all alone so she has no worried about a flock infestation. Today I also bought "Poultry Protector - Non toxic" soray from the brand Mannapro. I was wondering if I could speay her with it to protect incase. She's also on a high calcium and protein feed to help her molt easier and faster and grow nice feathers since she's a Sumatra pullet.

Any help would be amazing! Thank you!!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    I use Poultry Protector every 6 months as a regular routine maintenance for my girls...love the stuff. That white stuff you're seeing I also saw on my girls...it almost looks like dandruff in a way, but I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by