Chicken mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sweettreat1037, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Sweettreat1037

Sweettreat1037 In the Brooder

Mar 15, 2018
    Edgemoor, SC
    Hi, there! I have had chickens all my life, and I currently have 40-something hens and 4 roosters. I'm thinking of getting a guinea or two, because I heard they are good with deterring possums and coons. I'd love to hear your testimonials about guineas (good and bad, please), if/how they actually protect the coop, if they do well with hens and roosters, etc. Again, I welcome good and bad guinea stories.

2. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy :yato have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

3. Sweettreat1037

Mar 15, 2018
    Edgemoor, SC
    Thanks, Sean!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G’Day from down under Sweettreat… :frow Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with guineas so can't weigh in there, but you might also want to try posting on the Guinea Fowl Forum

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

5. Hen Pen Jem

Hen Pen Jem Crowing

Sep 19, 2017
    Southern California
    guinea-fowl baby's daddy WELCOME.jpg

Greetings Sweettreat1037, Best of luck with your guineas and chickens. :frow

6. Farmgal101

Farmgal101 Songster

May 29, 2017
    Welcome to BYC,We are happy to answer any questions you may have:):welcome

7. Plip

Plip Free Ranging

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Welcome to BYC! Great to have you here!

The only guinea fowl I have experience with are the neighbor's. And they just make too much noise! Fortunately, we're far enough away that I only have to hear it when I stop by.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I understand guineas are great tick eaters.

9. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. Teila gave you some good links that should help.

10. Sweettreat1037

Mar 15, 2018
    Edgemoor, SC
    This is very helpful info. I didn't realize there were ginea and state threads. Guess I've got my work cut out for me this weekend - reading these threads! I'll update my profile also! Thank you!!

QUOTE="Teila, post: 19691321, member: 204511"]G’Day from down under Sweettreat… :frow Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with guineas so can't weigh in there, but you might also want to try posting on the Guinea Fowl Forum

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)[/QUOTE]

007Sean and KikisGirls like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: