Chicken Mutt eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MySweetChickens, Apr 10, 2016.

1. MySweetChickens

MySweetChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2014
    Michigan
    Alright first I apologise for the amount of questions i have had but this year my eggs arent coopaerating

So im asking opinions to figure out whats going on my incubator temp and humidity has remained stable and yet im getting eggs that die on their first week i have checked the temp numerouse times to ensure accuracy so i know the temp is not a problem what i am seeing is these eggs die on their first week. i dissect them and they are scrambled with hardly and vein remenants and the embryos dont look right i am thinking my hens and roosters may be the problem at this point i have never had this problem before but this year added some new roosters. all of my stock are mutts with who knows what crossed in them we have been ordering and raising some hens ordered from MyPetChicken so those would be the only pures in the mix so my question is what is happening with my birds that is killing their offspring my broody hens are struggling as well are there some chicken breeds that cannot cross? I am consistently adding new hens and i assumed the newer roosters would solve inbreeding but...at this point im pulling my hair out I just wanted to hatch something:/

I appreciate any and all help so thank you

2. MySweetChickens

Mar 24, 2014
    Michigan
    So i just realized my egg turner vibrates the eggs slightly could this be the problem?

3. MySweetChickens

Mar 24, 2014
    Michigan
    Im going to try and remove the egg turner and see if that changes the results if vibrations do affect eggs it would explain the "loose" embryos and scrambled-ness of the dissected eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by