chicken names?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by minpinbunnies&chickens<3, Jul 29, 2011.

1. minpinbunnies&chickens<3

minpinbunnies&chickens<3 New Egg

Jul 28, 2011
    Im sorry if this post doesnt belong here im new to the site so i wasnt sure where i should put it [​IMG]

Anyways i have 2 barred rock hens, 1 barred rock rooster and 2 rhode island red hens and they still dont have any names and i was wondering if anybody could help me out??
    Any names u have ould be helpful! [​IMG] thank u

2. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga.

[​IMG]

WELCOME ABOARD.

3. Saltysteele

Saltysteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    MI
    if you do a search, and it might take some lookin, don't remember what the thread was called, there was a thread where everyone was sharing their chickens' names.

some don't have names, but we've got fuzzy cheeks, hank, matt, blue sky, smokey (my 6yo named them)

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:I just wanted to say real fast...

I lOVE YOUR BEARD!

5. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Our chicken names came mostly from the GrandKids, though my husband and I have named a few. Sometimes a name just comes to you when you spend time with them. Not all of ours have names yet.

Here are some of their names. In the Grow out pen we have: Morticia & Gomez. Lady, Phoebe, Clementine. In the Layer Flock: EE's= Fluffy, Cuddles, Freckles, Tilly (short for Chantilly Lace) and Penelope. GCM's= Pearl, Big Bertha and Michelle. Dom's=Buttons and Jello. Prod Reds= Ginger and MaryAnne. The Roo with that group is Richie- Friend told my DH to name a Roo after him. My 4 year old Granddaughter named some of the Ameraucanas last week, but I have already forgotten most of them....Sweetie and Sugar Plum. I can't remember the rest she named. But half the time she changes their names anyway.

I have a brooder full of Rocks that I may give Gem names. ....Turquiose, Diamond, Ruby ect. One is already named Sticky Chick, because she was stuck in the shell and we had to help her hatch.

Good Luck with naming your Chooks!!

6. BrazellDazell

BrazellDazell Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    Genoa
    You should name the RIR hens Thelma & Louise!![​IMG]

7. BrazellDazell

BrazellDazell Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    Genoa
    The BR roo Peter the hens Paula & Mary!! Get it Peter Paul & Mary??? But Peter Paula & Mary!! or Emerson for the roo Lake & Palmer for the hens.....man I hope someone gets that one!!

8. mrdruids

mrdruids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    my girls' names are

1 bantam dutch - snicklefritz
    2 bantam brahmas - pot pie & sugar bear
    1 white leghorn - fiddle faddle
    1 black star - poppy cock

[​IMG]

9. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    Quote:Love this! Mine are Dumpling, Penguin Patty, Roast, Cajun, Taco, Burger, Skillet, Salad, Pesto, Honey Mustard, Nugget, Tender, BBQ, Jerk

We've had: Noodle Soup, Marsala, Potpie, Catchatori, Parmesan, Buffalo, Alfredo, King

Get our theme? HAha!!

10. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    My kids named ours Sonny (formerly Sunny before SHE crowed!), Daphedil, Penny (BCM), Georgia (she's very curious), Mrs. Olsen (kind of grump), Einstien (This one was smart even as a chick!), Rosebud (RIR), Tony, Daisy, Pickles, Waffles, Cocoa (Black Star), and there's one more that I can not remember!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by