Chicken Names

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by brotchicks, Mar 10, 2015.

1. brotchicks

brotchicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2015
    NY
    Hey, I have 2 hens right now (1 Delaware named Dot, and 1 Buff Orpington named Tubs) and we are getting 3 more (unknown breeds) in 12 days! Can't wait!!!!!!!!![​IMG]Well any way I need some name ideas for them so that when they arrive we have names already. We aren't deciding yet because we do not know what they are going to look like yet, but we want to have a list to choose from. Here are some ideas that I have already:

Bug
    Kiwi
    Mae
    Olly/Ollie
    Bea
    Shiloh
    Daisy
    Rose/Rosie
    Fran
    Han
    Ding, Dong, Doo
    Lady
    Mary Poopins
    Belle
    Freckles
    Thumper
    Bugs, Petunia, Foghorn, Leghorn (Looney Toons)
    Abu (Aladdin)
    Baboo (Jungl Book)
    Lilo, Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
    Etta, Maddy, Pip, Peck, Bessy, Abby (Back at the Barnyard)
    Kirby, Toad, Yoshi (Mario Kart)
    Agnes, Edith, Margo (Despicable Me)
    Wilma
    Duck
    Goose
    Patty, Selma (The Simpsons)
    Squirt, Crush (Finding Nemo)

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions, and if you have any other cute names please let me know! We prefer short names but are open to any suggestions![​IMG] Thanks, brotchicks

2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    lol, fun names :)
    I think Bug, Abu, and Agnes are cute :p especially Abu, i like aladdin lol [​IMG]

3. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    I like Kiwi, Daisy, and Rose. Plants are great names for chickens, in my opinion! Also, old-fashioned names are really cute. Excited for you, and good luck!

4. Waynesworld92

Waynesworld92 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2014
    Windsor, MA
    So excited for you! My girls are named (my teenagers named them)
    Barbie (for BBQ)
    Terri (for teriyaki)
    Buffy (for buffalo)
    Tyrone (my 17 year old wanted to be funny)

My new girls took a couple of days to name because I wanted to see their personality:
    Prettty (she is a mix? white and very pretty)
    Cruella (she is a SS-looks like Cruella De Vil a little (not to be mean or anything)
    Lou Who (she is an Easter Egger and I wanted a Dr. Seuss name since she lays green eggs)

Good luck naming! It is hard!

5. Violetsfeathers

Violetsfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Minnesota
    My chickens names are:
    Pumpkin
    Peaches
    Honey
    Tiny
    Violet
    Muffin
    Pearls
    Marshmallow

I like Dot

6. brotchicks

Feb 20, 2015
    NY
    Thanks for all the help! I just found out yesterday that we are getting 25 chicks and raising them all! Then when they are older we will select 3 or 4 that we want to keep and give the rest to our friends! I don't want to name all of them because I don't want to feel attached if I can't keep them all but I do want to name some of them... So please keep the names coming!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] thanks, brotchicks

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  7. brotchicks

Feb 20, 2015
    NY
    One more thing... Would anyone happen to know wheat breeds are in the Murray McMurray Choice Layer mix? My friends always order the Choice Layers (used to be called the Rainbow Assortment) and they love it. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] thanks, brotchicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by