Chicken needs Birth Certificate to Show???

Nannner

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
My daughter wants to show our Polish Chicken this year. Her teacher (Agriscience) tells her that our chicken needs a Birth Certificate. Has anyone heard of this? We went and searched for this perticular breed just for her to show. We found a breeder in N.C. (we are in Miami) and drove the baby back down here. Can anyone tell me what is actually required to show a chicken and if she needs a birth certificate how would I get one??
Thank you
Nanner

Maybe the OB who attended the birth can tell you where to get one.
lau.gif

And this is an Ag teacher????

ME EITHER !!!! I even goggled "Chicken Birth Certificate" and nothing came up...goggle must of thought I was crazy..haha

you don't need a birth cert. That teacher is.....um.....misinformed.

You will probably need a vet health certificate. Depending ont he kind of show. Some require the health cert prior to "cooping in". Other shows have a vet on hand to check the birds. Also, some shows require all birds to be tested fro certain diseases. This could be done at the show or prior.

Your best bet is to find out who is hosting the show and contact them for exactly what they require.

Quote:
Yes she is...I will check with the OB but don't want to look like I'm crazy...wanted to check with you all first

I agree, but just for fun, you should make one up in Office and print it out and give it to the teacher, along with the health certificate.
lol.png

So anyhow, what date should your certificate have? The day the egg was laid, (birth) or when it hatched? LOL

Quote:
I live in Miami and her teacher (Agriscience) says that is a fact when entering Miami Dade County Fair
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom