Chicken Newbie and excited to be here! :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EmeraldAcres, Mar 26, 2017.

1. EmeraldAcres

EmeraldAcres Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2017
    Hello,

My name is Pepper, and I live on a small acreage in the midwest. I am super excited to start raising chickens of my own this spring/summer. I have been trying to do all the research I can and have found SO much information from this site. I love being able to read about your experiences and advice, and decided I should join in on the fun!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]. If you would like to check out your state thread, just put state name in the search box above, and it will pop up for you. You may find you have Bycers living in your area.

1 person likes this.
  3. vachick15

vachick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2015
    The Old Dominion
    Welcome to BYC! I'm so glad you joined us and I hope you like it here!

1 person likes this.
  4. EmeraldAcres

EmeraldAcres Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2017

That was helpful and interesting. I live in Iowa and apparently there is a chicken called the Iowa Blue that some are raising. It says it is a birchen bird. Interestingly, the breed I'm most contemplating getting started with are Blue Birchen Marans. I wonder if they are the same....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Pepper [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Pepper, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by