DownByTheRiver

Songster
Mar 31, 2018
Northwestern Wisconsin
Hello. I moved to the country a year and a half ago, and finally have time this summer for a garden and some chickens (not together, I've heard).

Last week, I bought eight 2-to-3-week-old chicks: 3 Black Wyandottes, 2 Ameraucanas, 3 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. These are living in my basement right now, as it is abut 10 degrees outside still, and we just got 6 inches of snow.

On May 28th, I have some Black Copper Marans hatching eggs coming. I already have the incubator.

And on June 4th, I have day-old chicks coming: 5 Speckled Sussex, 5 Silver Cuckoo Marans and 5 Easter Eggers.

I like to stay busy. Ha!!

Welcome fellow Northerner! I am getting my first chicks next week and like you, I now have more snow on the ground. Hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have the past few weeks. Tons of great people and information. Also, hope we both get a good Spring thaw that sticks!

I've been drinking coffee in the morning and watching chicks, instead of reading the news. Much less stressful. So far! What kind of chicks are you looking for?

I've been drinking coffee in the morning and watching chicks, instead of reading the news. Much less stressful. So far! What kind of chicks are you looking for?

I have red sex link, Black sex links, buff Brahmas, red ranger meat birds, and rare surprise chicks coming. In total 35 birds and then any extras if they get added in. I guarantee nothing productive will happen once they get here next week as I will be all about being a “mother hen”. It’s exciting stuff!

Back
Top Bottom