chicken nipples

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by nok13, Jan 26, 2013.

1. nok13

nok13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2012
    help... i thought and thought and in the end i bought chicken nipples from some address on ebay tha ships to israel...
    i paid close to 200 shekels on them, but they havent arrived... i have never used ebay before, and havent a clue what to do... i wrote them a letter to the seller and they responded that they will check but more then a month has gone by... and i was counting on using them for our thai chicken coop since we arent there every day, i have to ensure they have enough water. at the moemnt all the water is just in large containers (we also have ducks there ), and we cannot use running water but fill up.

yesterday i was at the only horse/feed store practically in the country (chickens here are strictly agrcu business and the backyarders are old school , plastic boxes, buckets and feed stolen from their villages' coops) and we actually bought a hanging plastic feeder, since we are having pigeon issues.

hubby doesnt have time to DIY decent feeders so was using open containers.... free food for vermin!!
    anyway, i need help with the nipple issue. if not , i will order again, but can someone recommend me a store or person that i can actually communicate with, that ships to israel?

2. pm

pm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Reed City, MI
    Yikes, that's $53 for chicken nipples that you didn't get. How many are you looking for? Maybe I could just buy some and send them to you. I've never sent a package to Israel (I'm in Michigan, USA) but it shouldn't cost too much. I can check with the post office tomorrow. Your question caught my interest because I've been using nipples for about a year and a half and have been super happy with them. If you're interested in doing this, let me know and we can PM addresses and emails.

Paul

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  3. Demosthine

Demosthine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I bought mine from QCSupply.Com and had absolutely great success. The poultry nipples were about a fifth the price of the ones at my local shops and were significantly better quality. I ordered 12 of the screw in type (#420006) and and the push in type (#420011) I ultimately used all screw in nipples, but both are excellent quality. The girls took to them immediately and I've had no issues. I ordered 12 of the screw ins and 3 push ins, for a total of $19.05 and $6.50 shipping. Obviously, it'll be more for shipping being overseas, but I can't imagine it would be that big of a difference. It is a small little bag. They also included a shirt and a pair of gloves for free in the package.

From their website:
    Our International department reviews most International orders. Please place your order on our website and we will contact you within 48 hours with shipping options and costs. We only accept credit cards for payment for online International orders and in some cases we require wire transfer.

Customer is responsible for customs, duties, brokerage fees and taxes. These fees are not included in shipping quotes provided by QC Supply.

To contact our International sales department, please send an email to [email protected] or call us at 1-800-433-6340.

4. Demosthine

Demosthine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Oh, and contact eBay to file a formal complaint. They will basically be a moderator and all messages are stored. I'm not sure about foreign policies, but if you paid by PayPal here in the U.S., you can get a full and complete refund for not receiving the items. Check out your eBay policies and contact them.

5. nok13

nok13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2012
    hi thanx for all the replies:
    first, being a newbie, apparently i paid without haveing a paypal account so when i tried to file a complain i was told i havec to talk to paypal with an account number etc and i jsut dont understand what they want from me, and here, people dont really order over internet, we are still "shop in the market u have to see and touch it" style people, but i will ask around,see if someone here in my area could help with that. (as a matter of fact when i was in the states it drove me nuts to not be able to touch the veggies and pick thru them in the grocery store to check the produce. here ,u can even taste before u buy).
    second, i will try to contact that company about international orders, or will take paul up on his offer, i can either send a package of stuff from here that is unavailable to americans (i dont know, halva? tehina? missiles?just kidding... umm, whatever) i will consult friends and see,
    for me, 200 shekels is a lot of money. it is 2 pairs of jeans, or a pair of shoes (not expensive ones), or a lot of groceries, so i will have to wait for next month's budget to order again anyhow. bummer.
    i feel really stupid. i was so proud that i thought of buying thru ebay, that i didnt really check out the sites, etc...
    i just assumed honesty or good customer service

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by