1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Nipples?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Abbiem00, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Abbiem00

Abbiem00 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2015
    What are all these chicken nipple thing's I keep seeing?

Yep...still looking up everything Chicken!!!

2. kayakfish

kayakfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2013
    Cumberland, VA
    Chicken Nipples are small water valves that let your chickens drink from a bucket or any container you would like to put them on. I use them all year long, as they keep my water clean, and no debris can get into the water when I have the lids on. You drill a hole in the bottom of the container you choose I use a 5 gallon bucket in the winter with electric pipe tape wrapped around it and then another bucket with the bottom cut our slipped over top the tape pressure fitted, then screw in the little nipples and you are set for winter, summer and if you use a electric cord with a temp controlled plugs or the tapes come with them sometimes, then you don't ever have to worry about your water freezing up as long as the heat tapes are on, and you have electricity.
    I have 3 gallon buckets from WalMart Bakery I use for summer with 4 nipples in the bottom of each bucket.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by