Chicken noobs

Diver14_98

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2018
Troy Illinois
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yep very new.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
0 (picking them up next weekend but planning on 4-6)

(3) What breeds do you have?
Not sure yet. Kinda depends on what the local farm and home has in stock. But I would love some golden comets.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Random web search. Found the place and started reading. Now I feel like I know just enough to get myself in trouble. Lol

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Jeeps and ham radios

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Union pipefitter by day and dad and loving husband by night.

(Side note. Of anyone in the metro stop Louis area has golden comets I'd love a few)

Greetings and welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us. Not sure of your age, but there are some ham operators over on the thread "The Old Folks Home" I wouldn't recommend starting at the beginning as it will be a long read, but drop by if you have a mind. Meanwhile, there's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. Old folks like me :old will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

G’Day from down under Diver14_98 :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello. You may also be able to find some good info on where to locally get the breeds you seek.

BYC has a Learning Centre and also Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group. This one in particular may be of interest at this stage:
Topic of the Week - Getting Started, Keeping Chickens

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Best Wishes and Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom