1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Chicken Not Eating

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Saaniya, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Saaniya

Saaniya Songster

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi
    My 5 Months Old Rooster Not Having Interest In His Feed , Corn Or Anything ..

He's Earlier On The 2 Treatment For Upper Respiratory Infection Medication Named "NeoDox A Combination Of Neomycin And Doxycycline Water Soluble Powder" During The Treatment Breathing Problem Gone And Next Day He's Less Interesting In Eating Corn Or Anything ..

there's no symptoms no ruffled feathers no lethargy no full crop nothing at all just he's not eating except millet

I'm very very worried tensed
    I yesterday Started Biotrim (Sulfadiazine + Trim )

Any advises what's going on ?

2. chickflick

chickflick Crowing

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Have you separated him from the flock? Offer yogurt, with maybe some feed mixed in. Is he pooping ok? Are they "normal"?

Saaniya likes this.
  3. Saaniya

Saaniya Songster

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

Yes I separate him ..yes he's pooping normal and active

4. Sick birds don't need feed changes...Yogurt is not needed for Chickens..Provide him his feed..Water is the most important thing right now..

Saaniya likes this.
  5. Saaniya

Saaniya Songster

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

Oh okay

6. Respiratory gets them feeling icky..My Flock has ILT and I run heat in my Coop to manage them...Stress brings out symptoms...

Saaniya likes this.
  7. Saaniya

Saaniya Songster

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

You mean to say respiratory problems??
    My rooster live with me in my home we don't have coop we have brooder type home for them

chickens really likes this.

8. chickflick

chickflick Crowing

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    I had a hen a few weeks ago that wasn't eating. I gave her yogurt, which they love and some vitamins in her water. In a couple of days she was her normal self. yogurt is good for them...
    Know it's confusing when you get different answers, but yogurt is good for them and will do no harm.

Saaniya likes this.
  9. It causes the poops and Birds can not digest dairy...

10. Saaniya

Saaniya Songster

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi

After the Doxycycline treatment he seems no appetite I'll give vitamins n yoghurt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by