Chicken not laying eggs.

ChickBro

Chirping
Feb 8, 2021
Hartshorne, OK
About 4 months ago I got two RIR x SLW pullets.They were 5 months old when I got them.So this makes them 9 months old and they still haven't layed any eggs.I feed them egg layer pellets and a little bit of grower feed, and still.... no eggs?!?!? What should I do?

P.S. The pictures where taken 3 days ago.I haven't changed the time on my camera.

002.JPG

001.JPG

I have two Australorp pullets of similar age that only just began laying a week ago.

Check their pelvic bones on each side of the vent. If you can fit two fingers between the nobs, they will be laying any day. If they are close together, it will be a while yet. We're getting twelve hours of light now, but it may not be quite enough for some hens that have a slightly different genetic makeup and require a bit more light to trigger laying hormones.

Weight also plays a role. Hens that are underweight will not ovulate.

I have two Australorp pullets of similar age that only just began laying a week ago.

Check their pelvic bones on each side of the vent. If you can fit two fingers between the nobs, they will be laying any day. If they are close together, it will be a while yet. We're getting twelve hours of light now, but it may not be quite enough for some hens that have a slightly different genetic makeup and require a bit more light to trigger laying hormones.

Weight also plays a role. Hens that are underweight will not ovulate.
Ok thanks, I will try this tomorrow. One of the chickens is still pretty small.

Back
Top Bottom