Chicken not using legs

Lummy

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2016
She not using her legs she's eating and drinking fine, but she's just limps here not pointing out or anything and she's acting normal she's one of my friendly girls but yeah any ideas I have a picture below trying to show what she's doing. Oh her food is the pelleted layer feed 16% or 18% farm and fleet brand mixed with scratch grains.

Last edited:
How old is she? Can you start her on some chicken vitamins with electrolytes containing riboflavin or vitamin B2 in case she has a deficiency? Was she vaccinated at hatch for Mareks.
. Scratch grains are okay for less than 10% of the total feed, but layer feed should make up the most of the feed. Make sure the feed is fresh dated, since vitamins can deteriorate in time. Some other illnesses that can cause lameness are coccidiosis, dehydration, mold in feed, and botulism from eating toxin contained in dead animal carcasses or buried vegetation.
Keep us posted on how she is getting along.

How old is she? Can you start her on some chicken vitamins with electrolytes containing riboflavin or vitamin B2 in case she has a deficiency? Was she vaccinated at hatch for Mareks.
. Scratch grains are okay for less than 10% of the total feed, but layer feed should make up the most of the feed. Make sure the feed is fresh dated, since vitamins can deteriorate in time. Some other illnesses that can cause lameness are coccidiosis, dehydration, mold in feed, and botulism from eating toxin contained in dead animal carcasses or buried vegetation.
Keep us posted on how she is getting along.
I alway give electrolyte water and another source of water and since separating her she eating and drinking fine. Her feed isn't that old like three days ago not seeing any mold and I do the a little bit more scratch grains but more later feed only because or my ducks and guineas like that better. And I mean she's free range she could of gotten into anything. I checked to see if she was egg bound nothing. I mean she's honestly a normal just not using legs and I got her from tractor supply I don't know if they vaccinate them a hatch but to my knowledge no but the pictures I look at of mareks don't look like what's going on. There legs are in a T shap where as she's just in a sitting position and she can move like her thighs it's the chicken knee elbow part. Oh and she's about 9 months

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom