1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Chicken not walking?? HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kelsi8281, Oct 24, 2014.

1. kelsi8281

kelsi8281 In the Brooder

Sep 16, 2014
    I've had leg issues with this chick before and I thought they were getting better. He was standing and walking with only a slight limp, but when I checked on him today and he won't even stand on it. He is;) on pine shavings, so slipping shouldn't be an issue. He's about 6 weeks old and his other issues were when he was about 3 weeks. It seems to be just one leg that the toes are now starting to curl up on (which is a new issue). It also looks like his hocks go in instead of straight. How can I try and fix this issue. I feel terrible for him now because he won't even stand up and walk! Any help would be great!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Free Ranging Premium Member 7 Years

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  3. kelsi8281

kelsi8281 In the Brooder

Sep 16, 2014
    I separated him from the others and put water (with vitamins) and food in the box. I also wrapped his leg and made a toe splint for him to keep the toes straight. I'm 100% sure he hates me right now. But hopefully it will give him time to heal IF it is even able to heal!

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Free Ranging Premium Member 7 Years

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: