Chicken novice questions

girltribe

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2021
I have 4 chickens currently all on a Pullet starter , 2 of them are now 16wks old.
When do I need to move them up to the next feed ?
Will I need to seperate them so the younger ones still only get the pullet starter ?
Are eggs possible whilst being fed a pullet starter or not until they go up a feed ?
Thank you

Switch them over to Flock Raiser, All Flock or a good chick starter and put out a container of oyster shell on the side and they will be set for life.
I've never fed all the "specialty" feeds. I just keep my flock on a complete diet with the extra calcium on the side so they only eat it when they are actively laying and need it.
Hens don't need the extra calcium when they are molting or when they are broody and have stopped laying.
Rooster/cockerels and pre-POL pullets don't need extra calcium either.
Forcing them to eat the extra calcium when their bodies don't need it causes added strain to the kidneys to process it for removal from the body.

I have 4 chickens currently all on a Pullet starter , 2 of them are now 16wks old.
When do I need to move them up to the next feed ?
Will I need to seperate them so the younger ones still only get the pullet starter ?
Are eggs possible whilst being fed a pullet starter or not until they go up a feed ?
Thank you
How old are the other two?

Back
Top Bottom