Chicken on my stovetop!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MadHatcher, Jul 18, 2011.

1. MadHatcher

MadHatcher Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    My silly hen Sepia decided to perch on my stove-top last night. Cutest thing ever!

I brought her inside to put her Hen Saver back on and she hopped right up on the stove - happy as could be.

Chickens are so funny! I never know what to expect from them - I just had to share.

You can see the pictures on my blog if you're interested.

2. ouracrybaby

ouracrybaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    Lol silly chicken.

3. MadHatcher

Mar 9, 2010
    I know - right? lol

The things they do really crack me up sometimes.

4. mine did that, and I called her 'fried chicken' she jumped down then. .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Silly girl. I thought for sure you'd have a gas range and she was roosting on the grate. She's just sitting on the glass. What on earth made her decide that was a good place?

6. MadHatcher

Mar 9, 2010
    Haha!

Your girl is sillier than mine fishnet! My girl was perched on an electric coil grate - yours just went for the smooth glass.

That's hilarious - maybe she was hot and thought that smooth surface would cool her off? Little did she know the purpose of the stove... good thing you warned her about 'fried chicken' hahaha

7. yea, she is silly. but that's why i love her. I dunno why she did it. I brought her her inside to give her a bath and that is what I got when I put her down. She was a rescue from the Buffalo SPCA, so I am not sure what her past was. She was a city chick I know that!!!! lolol

You are lucky that yours grabbed the grate and didnt hit the pilot light!!!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by