chicken on the roof

zachcpierce

Songster
Sep 30, 2019
Port Royal, SC
just letting the chix explore the backyard outside the run and peach is pushing the limits of freedom
20200209_140631-1.jpg

yeah she has more flying ability than i anticipated, i have seen here go up to a six foot chainlink fence, but that was like a 8 foot hop straight up she did there, i also have some pallets upright on fence stakes to separate mulch, they wobble a bit and she likes to jump back and forth between them, wheras my others dislike the offbalance that happens on those, shes pretty obviously just doing it for sport, she likes to get up high and then try to fly across the yard, she can go a bit over 20 feet off the top of the fence

yeah she has more flying ability than i anticipated, i have seen here go up to a six foot chainlink fence, but that was like a 8 foot hop straight up she did there, i also have some pallets upright on fence stakes to separate mulch, they wobble a bit and she likes to jump back and forth between them, wheras my others dislike the offbalance that happens on those, shes pretty obviously just doing it for sport, she likes to get up high and then try to fly across the yard, she can go a bit over 20 feet off the top of the fence
Do you free range them?
She's a good looking hen. She looks fit in the picture.

Do you free range them?
She's a good looking hen. She looks fit in the picture.
not really, because we have relentless hawks, i just let them play in the backyard when im back there, but we just had a hawk attack while my kids were in a treehouse, fortunately the one that got attacked escaped with a small gash and some lost feathers and she is healing up fine, but yeah the hawks attacking in the presence of humans keeps me from letting them out all day

Back
Top Bottom