Chicken Ornaments

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by FarmGirl21, Nov 3, 2008.

1. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    Does anyone on here make their own ornaments? I am looking for some new...and unusual ornaments for this year. I would love to have a few chicken type ones! I cant find any anywhere though, i thought i would ask here & see if any of you creative chicken lovers were crafting anything like that this year!

They don't have to be just chickens/roosters, I'm looking for all different kinds...we have very eclectic Christmas trees! [​IMG]

2. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    hobby lobby has wood shapes, animals, etc. i got some for 10/$1 last year and we painted them

3. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    Michaels has "Femo", which is like "playdough". You can harden it on a baking sheet in the oven according to the package. Comes in lots of great colors.
    A long time ago I have also made some out of salt dough and painted those.
    Post some photos, when you are done, I may even find some of my ornaments soon with all my other holiday stuff..........

4. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
  5. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    I wish I could knit!
    Brenda

It's looks like maybe you could make those ornaments out of some old socks! [​IMG]

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I sandblast animals on 3 inch glass circles often for the holidays. People hang them on their tree etc. you can go to www.creativeetching.net to see some etchings [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by