Our chicken experiment began last summer with 4 free range Golden Comets and a $50 budget for a coop. Now thanks to tax returns we have 17 Australorps and 6 White Silkie chicks in the spare bedroom and the race to complete their palace is on. Day One 12 Foot by 6 Foot 2X6 framing done. Day 2 I added some 2X4s to aid in attaching the floor joists to the skids. Started notching the 6X6 skids. Day 3 All the notches in the 6X6s and 4X4s completed. 6X6s and 4X4s attached. I put 5 nails in each intersection. Skids completed. Floor attached to the skids. I messed up my measurements. The 2X6s were supposed to be centered on the 6X6s but this will work fine. Floor sheeting competed. Tomorrow I start framing the walls. Wish me luck.