Chicken Parmigiana (or parmesian) with Photos

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
This is my version of an easy chicken parmesian dinner.

cp1.jpg

I start with an "All American Chocolate Cake" from Costco because dang those are some serious chocolate cakes! I round it out with a bottle of red. You choose what suits your tastes. I happen to like this pinot noir. It has just a hint of cherry.

cp2.jpg

Next I line up things I will need for making the chicken part of the recipe. Flour. 2 eggs beaten with a splash of water to thin them out. Seasoned bread crumbs. (You can make them but this time I used premade from the grocery store.) I also begin to heat my oil for frying the chicken breasts in.

cp3.jpg

Then I take chicken breasts, washed and patted dry and I split them in half through the thickest part to make 2 full size pieces of chicken breast from just 1 half of a breast.

cp4.jpg

I lay the pieces in a ziplock bag and give them a fairly good pounding. this breaks the texture of the meat and makes it very tender. It also takes a small piece of chicken and makes it look like a monster when it is pounded out thin. I pound them thin because it is easier and faster to cook a thin piece without burning it rather than trying to brown and cook through a plump breast.

cp5.jpg

The chicken pieces are dusted in the flour. The excess is shaken off. You just want to coat the meat very lightly. Then you want to dip them in the egg wash so that both sides are wet. I didn't take a photo of the egg dip because it is a lot of trouble stopping, washing hands, drying, taking a photo, rinse repeat.

cp6.jpg

After they have gone through the egg wash roll them in the bread crumbs making sure they are fully coated.

cp7.jpg

Slip them carefully into a pan of hot oil. (The oil I used is a combination of Olive and Safflower by Iberia.)

cp8.jpg

When they have begun to brown and look delicious flip them over and cook the other side to the same golden brown.

cp9.jpg

Remove form the oil and drain on paper towels.

cp10.jpg

I usually start my pasta sauce first, sometimes much earlier in the day. I use tomato sauce (Hunts really is the best sauce), italian seasoning (if basil is fresh I just chop a bunch of basil) and sauteed onions and garlic.

cp11.jpg

Put it all in a sauce pan and let it simmer until thick and rich. About 30 or 40 minutes into the simmer I will usually add a can of crush of diced tomatoes (when I don't have fresh or my own canned) to add texture to the sauce. Simmer on low until thick. If you don't want to do this buy a jar of Barilla or whatever you like. It's all good.

cp12.jpg

Cook your pasta.

cp13.jpg

Slice a loaf of artesian bread with nice cloves of garlic baked right in. brush with olive oil, spread on a little butter, parmesain cheese and parsley flakes and slide under the broiler until toasty and browned.

cp14.jpg

Serve hot with a nice green salad and a glass of your beverage of choice.

I sprinkle parmesain cheese over the chicken when I take it out of the pan and I add more over the top of the sauce and pasta when I plate it. I forgot to take a photo of the chicken with the parmesain.

You can also ladle some sauce into the bottom of a casserole pan, layer in the chicken and cheese as it comes out of the frying pan, top with more grated cheese and some mozarella and black olives and slide it into the oven for a casserole style chicken and sauce to serve over the pasta. I like it either way. Tonight's recipe was what I call quick and easy without a lot of pans to wash afterward.

The chocolate cake was sliced very thin and served with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream. It was eaten before I even got the camera out for the photos. Oops!

Good eats to ya'll.

Editing continually for spesky typos!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom