Chicken pellets

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kayla1254, Jan 24, 2012.

1. kayla1254

kayla1254 New Egg

Jan 19, 2012
    If i soak my chickens pellets over night with their wheat, will it be all right to eat in the morning , will mould have formed on it?

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    It will be OK, go ahead and feed it to them. Mold would not grow overnight but a few days, yes. If you are not going to use it right away, go ahead and refigerate it.

3. kayla1254

kayla1254 New Egg

Jan 19, 2012
    also i dont know what to do i haven't seen my chickens eat in days i tried oaten chaffe soaked wheat and pellets and green but i never see them eating they are in with six birds 3 budgies love bird and 2 princess parrots male and female i dont know if maybe they are eating and im not seeing it or if they are just eating the bird seed that has dropped

Also my ducks used to eat soaked pellets my duck is 10 weeks old cooper is 7 weeks and marble is 8 weeks all will go up a week on sunday but they dont eat it soaked anymore because everytime i would put it in there bowl i would come back an hour later and it will smell of rotten milk we went through like three bags of food a week i just thought it might have grown mould over night

thanks for the help
    :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by