Chicken people are so nice

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarefootMom, Jun 14, 2011.

1. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    there is a lady that lives in "town" or I guess I could say the villiage limits...lol. She has 5 hens and had an extra little coop. She messaged me on FB and asked if I wanted it for FREE! Hells Ya! It is perfect for the 8 little 1 month old that I have been putting out in a rabbit hutch. This thing has a cute little "coop" with attached run. It needs a little TLC looks wise but I really don't care what it looks like as long as my chickies have a safe spot!

I ended up giving her 2 of my 10 week old pullets because I couldn't just take it for absolute free- but still feel like I came out on top!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ya know what? ANIMAL people are so nice. So much nicer than alot of other people. Congrats on your find!!!

I have my own "find" to share. Not a item but a person. I recently started raising show rabbits and went to a local show over the weekend and met a well known breeder that happens to live not far from me. He has offered to come over and go over everything with me. Grooming, maintenance, where to get stuff I need for the shows etc. And he is competing against me next month!!!!

3. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    I think keeping chickens make people more compassionate [​IMG]
    They sure are really good people.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My chicken friends are awesome!

Here is the gift I got from Laree and her hubby last night.

A brand new awesome chick brooder... it came with a card to my wife that said, "Friends don't let friends brood chicks in the house!"... my wife was so very pleased!

Laree even put a bow on it!

[​IMG]

She suggested that I paint it, so I'm off to the hardware store to get some awesome paint to protect it from the elements.

More pics tomorrow.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:This is because she ROCKS!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by