Chicken People Are the Best!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SkyWarrior, Jul 9, 2010.

1. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Okay, I may take that back if you all get snarky with me [​IMG], but I'm convinced this is the first group of folks on a list who has been helpful and not nasty. You see, I'm a professional writer and I write about pets and also write SFF. So, when I asked for people to read my article on Silkies and offer photos and edits on it, people did and did so without a single gripe that I was "writing out of my league" or snarking at me for writing about chickens.

No, I don't know everything about chickens, but I read and I learn. In the past four months, I've read 7 books on chickens and poultry (I do my research) and have been hanging out and learning. I have 24 wonderful chickens, 2 geese and 1 turkey. I think it would be cool to get ducks. [​IMG]

What I want to say is that you all are the best. Honestly. [​IMG]

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, some get a bit cocky... and some days you'll feel henpecked... but over all a very nice flock to be a part of. [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This is a great community!!!! Sometimes you will run across people that are there to burst you bubble, but for the most part, this place ROCKS!!!

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Cocky? Nah....Never

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I <3 BYC!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by