Chicken Personalities and Names

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickgals, Jan 22, 2013.

1. chickgals

chickgals Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    Texas
    Hi!
    So we are getting 2 silver laced wyandottes, 2 barred rocks, 1 amerucana, and 1 RIR
    Do you have these breeds? What are your chickens personalities or names?
    Thanks,
    Chickgals

2. bubblesegg

bubblesegg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Caifornia
    well I have had four silver laced wyandottes. My first two where called licorice and oreo. soon the two grew up and licorice was a fat hen who was a lazy happy little hen, but on the other hand oreo turned out to be a rooster and I started to call him rex. Rex had a normal rooster attitude but allways followed me around the whole backyard. Soon we had to give him away to my aunts so they had renamed him Rooster-Coggins. My second batch had shadow and tiny (I don't know why tiny). Shadow was a skittish hen and never let me hold her. But yet again another rooster.... so then tiny became Lucky and was also very skittish like his sister. So yeah..... those are my wyandottes. [​IMG]

3. Mama Hen Chris

Mama Hen Chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Peoria, AZ
    All these girls were hatched on 2/14/12

This is Zsa Zsa..she is sweet girl. She loves to sit with you in your lap or on your arm and chatter away. Right now she is a bit quiet and standoffish as she is molting pretty hard.

[​IMG]

This is Veronica. She thinks she is queen. Great personality and comical. She is very photogenic.
    [​IMG]

This is Roberta. She was such a shy, quiet girl but now let's everyone know who is boss.
    [​IMG]

4. chickgals

chickgals Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    Texas
    You have beautiful hens!

5. dowgirl71

dowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Brewer, Maine
    I have 3 Barred Rocks: Gossie, Gertie and Mya. The names, Gossie and Gertie came from one of my boys' favorite childrens book and Mya was named by my youngest son (not sure why he liked that name for her). Gossie is the chicken in my avatar.

6. iyaibeji

iyaibeji New Egg

Dec 6, 2012
    Dublin, ireland
    We have 3 rir's called Shakira, cluck norris, and baby.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by