*!Chicken Picture Galore!* Update at 19 weeks! (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pet Duck Boy, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I can't believe it's been almost 5 months since I got my 5 chickens. (3 RIRs & 2 EEs) I got them as sexed day olds and handled them many, many times a day. And now they couldn't be better pet chickens. 70% of the purchase was on impulse, and I barely had anything ready. Everything went great after that, but once they hit 2 months they became to much, and had to leave the house. After mowing several lawns and helping a neighbor redo his yard I finally made enough money to buy a simple chain-link dog kennel. A perfect size for 5 chickens. We set it up, and eventually they were out there. And roamed the yard 3-8 hours a day, on a good day. And just a week ago, I got my first egg from my RIR pullet. Small, but perfect. And since then she's laid 3 more, one egg every 2 days. Another RIR is doing the egg squat. So I should get more eggs soon.

Anyways, this is my flock of 5. All as tame as can be. (These pics might lag a slow computer quite a bit, and if the pics are oversized try and refresh, and tell me if that doesn't do anything)

Runt Runt! She was half the size of her siblings at 2 weeks old, but she's caught up quite a bit and was the first to lay, even though she's still small.

[​IMG]

The RIRs stopping for a drink, my white/buff EE named Hawk in the backround.

[​IMG]

Runt Runt in the back, and Big Red in the front.

[​IMG]

Hawk, one of the two EEs posing for another picture.

[​IMG]

Meko, my other EE cooling off under an umbrella.

[​IMG]

Nugget, the largest and most matured of the 5. I expect her to lay very soon, she's squating and her comb is blood red.

[​IMG]

Hawk, hanging out of my lap.

[​IMG]

Meko, giving the stink eye cause I shoved the camera in her face.

[​IMG]

Nugget again, look how bright her comb is.

[​IMG]

Nugget, plopping down and gettin some Zs on a hot Florida day.

[​IMG]

5 minutes later and deep asleep.

[​IMG]

Meko again.

[​IMG]

Meko getting petted.

[​IMG]

Big Red.

[​IMG]

Runt Runt again, complaining cause I almost tripped on her cause she's always by my feet.

[​IMG]

Hawk, panting after a preening workout.

[​IMG]

And this is their ghetto house. Every night they sleep on the very top of the ladder thing, and on the perch that you can't see right beside it. Were planning to get a small shed for the coop. Eggs are laid in that little hide.

[​IMG]

And that's it for now, taken about an hour ago. Let me know what you think! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. molly d

molly d Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    lawrence, ks
    AWESOME photos! Your birds are beautiful![​IMG]

3. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

You have a lovely flock! Thank you for posting pictures; I spend most of my time on BYC looking at the pics, and these are a real treat!

4. Pet Duck Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks guys, they really are a blast. If only they'd stand still long enough for a great photo. [​IMG]

5. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Those are some really detailed pictures! Especially the one of Runt Runt!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Lovely photos! Runt Runt appears to have a kind eye.

7. Pet Duck Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Quote:She sure does, doesn't she? At the feed store I simply asked for some RIRs and Easter Eggers, once I got home I opened the box and immediately fell in love with the calm, tiny little chick sitting in the corner, looking up at me curiously. To this very day she is my favorite, I can hold her on her side with one hand or carry her on her back like a baby. I can cup her head and she'll fall asleep. And she is constantly trying to get into my patio to get some human contact. Flock wise, she's very independent. Although she spends plenty of time with her buddies it's not uncommon to find her 50 feet away from the others, doing her own thing. She's very talkative to people too. When alone she's quiet, walk up to her and she'll make soft clucks while looking up at you.

Here's a couple of Runt Runt's baby pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Pet Duck Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Thought I'd post a few more.

Big red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Runt Runt

[​IMG]

Sunny my pekin.

[​IMG]

Runt Runt

[​IMG]

Do I have something on my beak?

[​IMG]

Nugget, resting again.

[​IMG]

Hawk.

[​IMG]

Guess what? CHICKEN BUTT!

[​IMG]

9. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

*cackles*

Great pics!

10. bantam0907

bantam0907 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    my babies Evan my cuckoo cockrel and Izetta Belle my white pullet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by