Chicken/pigeon food from amazon.com?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by NewHopePoultry, Sep 28, 2012.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Long story short, I need to order food from amazon that I can use to feed both my chickens and my pigeons.
    Whats the best food to get?

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I recently had my feed store order some Austrian Peas (which by the way my chickens don't like- but they don't mind split peas in small quantities). See what your feed store will special order for you and you can mix your own maybe.

I recommend the book by Heuser called "Feeding Poultry" or another nutrition book if mixing your own feed.

The cheapest source would be a feed mill, if you have one, for feed. Next cheapest, from feed store. Most expensive, paying shipping. I buy some ingredients from grocery store bulk bins sometimes.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/606360/can-i-use-pigeon-mix-to-feed-my-chickens
    You might enjoy some of the old threads - search for pigeon mix if interested.

3. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I have an amazon goft card I want to use and the only thing I really need is feed,lol.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by