chicken play pen

Anny

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Detroit Michigan
I've been some people on here have made little tractor like "play pens" for their chickens to "range" in the yard while still being closed in. Like a little cage run with no coop. Does anyone have pictures of there little play pen run thingy ???

I'm thinking of making alittle one that will fit over my raised bed gardens so when the veggies are gone I can let the girls have fun in the garden.

I just wanted to see some pictures and get some ideas. Also what is the real name for these things?

Thanks!

I thinking more along the line of things like these:

tractor20.jpg

randallburkey01.jpg

Just little pen you can put them in while you are around so they can work at a area in the garden or something.

I have that little wire pyramid thing in the pic above; bought it at the feed store for $20. It is small but for two hens to go in for a few hours it is perfect. It also weighs next to nothing and folds flat.

Here is the one I built for my girls. It is 4' x 4' x 2' h and cost me about 18.00 to build.

I was nice to be able to have them safe and secure while I cleaned their brooder and such. They loved going out early morning and chasing bugs in the dew.

HPIM2767_editedSmall.jpg

Back
Top Bottom