Chicken Plucker

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by jeffjbar, Mar 1, 2009.

1. jeffjbar

jeffjbar New Egg

Mar 1, 2009
    Paducah, KY
    I have been looking for a chicken plucker (Whiz Bang style) for a while and haven't been able to find one for sale. I will be making one next week and it would be just as easy to make several as it would to make one. I am seeking interest in anyone who would like one made as well. I don't have any details on any of it yet, just wondering if there is anyone out there that wants/needs one also and cannot make it themselves. Thanks.[​IMG]

2. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    What would it cost and where are you. I might be interested. Thanks.

3. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Quote:Me too!

4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I have built two of them so far..

I have found that because of their weight and bulk, they are very expensive to ship..

so your market is cut down quite a bit for pick-up only delivery..

and to come out even close with material you have to get at least $550.oo/ea

fingers alone will cost $125.oo..

I have made a few improvements on the original plans..

I could EM you some photos if you like..

My way takes NO welding.. and you can use 1/8" aluminum for the feather plate..

5. jeffjbar

jeffjbar New Egg

Mar 1, 2009
    Paducah, KY
    I am in Paducah, KY. I am not sure of cost yet. The book with the instructions should be here Monday or Tuesday and I will find the parts needed and the costs of them. I will add a little for my time and effort, but I am not trying to start a business with these, I just think it would be just as easy to make a few at a time. Once I get the specifics on everything I will post it. Thanks.

6. jeffjbar

jeffjbar New Egg

Mar 1, 2009
    Paducah, KY
    Quote:It would be great if you could send me any advice on building it. Thanks.

My email is [email protected]

7. QuailHollow

QuailHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:We'd be interested in some advice on building these as well. [​IMG]

8. BigByrd24

BigByrd24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2008
    S.E. Kansas
    Quote:I would be interested in some advice on building these as well. Thanks [​IMG]

9. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    quail hollow pointers,bigbyrd and jeff, and anyone else.. rather than highjacking this thread, each one of you should PM me with your email addresses and then I can answer all of you at once instead of typing the info a bunch of times.? I can send pictures on regular email also.. I cannot send pictures here for some reason..

...jiminwisc........

10. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

I built the Whizbang just as described in the book, and it works great. I'll never pluck another chicken by hand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by