Chicken PMS?

BooBooMagoo

Chirping
Jul 2, 2022
So the chicky babies are 17 weeks old now, this is my sweetest cuddliest one. No one has layed yet but 2 of her sisters are looking darn close. Today I noticed her acting…just off. She’s hanging out in the coop and didn’t eat any of the handful of scratch or watermelon. Saturday she MIGHT have ate a Virginia Creeper berry but I intervened when I saw her walk to the area the berries are one the ground..she was spitting out a berry and I put her back in the run. It’s also hotter/more humid the last couple of days though the run is shady and breezy. Her crop is squishy and not big and idk about her poo but I haven’t seen any “bad” poo. I don’t think anyone is bullied to any extreme but they do bicker a little every now and then and play fight in the mornings when it is cooler, it appears to be playing not actually fighting. She’s definitely not top chicken, I’d say 2nd from the bottom maybe 3rd out of 9. Bocephus is still reigning queen but she’s chilled a lot now that big Bertha (BSL) is bigger than her and doesn’t take her crap. All in all other than a short disagreement here and there they all seem harmonious. Soooo I’m wondering would it be normal to be a little off before you start to lay? Like chicken cramps or something? Lol that sounds so ridiculous. She’s still being sweet and letting me hold her but normally jumps on my back when I bend over and wants to be near me…today meh…ok hold me but I’m not seeking you out. I am probably being silly but she’s not herself. Thoughts?

Attachments

• BA3C337C-9264-4AF5-A6C1-F5B59B90E94F.jpeg
    BA3C337C-9264-4AF5-A6C1-F5B59B90E94F.jpeg
    596.1 KB · Views: 11
Oh she’s also been talking a lot like a long bwaaaakkk when I’m holding her or talking to her. I have very quiet chickens (idk why this is lol) so it’s noticeable when one talks.

Back
Top Bottom