Chicken POOP BINGO!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Boo, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    Yes. Chicken Poop Bingo. A take off on Cow Pie Bingo.

My DH and I are participating in a bike ride to raise money for climate issues and we have pledged to raise additional funds above our entrance fee. We had a fundraiser party at our home yesterday (attendance was down due to the nasty weather). On top of the door prizes, silent auction, and 2 raffles, we had Chicken Poop Bingo.

I combined the 2 4 x 4 brooders/chicken hospital pens. I took chalk and dived them out into numbered squares. The participants bought squares ($2/square, 3 for $5). Then I placed a chicken in the pen and we waited for her to poop.

It was hysterical watching groups of grown-ups talking to the chicken, encouraging her to poop when she was standing on their square, trying to get her to go to the other end of the pen when she wasn't... And the cheers when she finally pooped!!! It was quite a good time.

I want to publicly thank Antonia Banderas, Fern, Virginia and Sasha for their contributions.

2. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Oh how funny, sounds like a great time! I'll have to remember that one!

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

We used to have what we called "Chicken Bingo" at the local exhibition in the Petting Barn, as an attraction, that is, until somebody complained that they thought it was "tasteless". One in every crowd. Glad to see it's alive and well!

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That sounds like a LOT of fun, and a great way to raise funds! [​IMG]

5. Chicken Boo

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    True Grit - That is just too bad that one person had to ruin everyone else's fun.

6. Chicken Boo

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    There was a request for pictures and a further explanation.

We had sign up sheets for each chicken that participated (Antonia Banderas, Fern, Virginia, and Sasha). We sold the squares for $2 each or 3 for $5. There was much strategizing and calculating at this point.

[​IMG]

Once the chicken was in the pen, we had lots of fun watching and agonizing over the working of the hens digestive tract.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the sideways pictures. They are right side up on my computer. I do not have time right now to figure it out. I will try later.

There was much happiness when the inevitable happens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the winning poop from Antonia. There had to be a Judge's call because she managed to hit 3 squares. The rule was the square with the most poop.

[​IMG]

7. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Sounds cool!

8. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    That is soooo funny.
    Glad to see that you had so much fun through the storm(s) here yesterday.

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I get the idea now, sounds very fun.

10. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    I wanna play that game sometime!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by