Chicken poop catchers...

TnChickHen

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
TN
Well, today is the day we start construction on the new coop!!! I was wondering what some of you are using to catch poop from under the perches. Thanks!! Pics would be GREATLY helpful for me! I'm a visual kind of person

We painted the floor of the coop with 3 coats of barn paint. We are using the deep-litter method using straw. Cleaning is simple & quick. Gathering a few pitchforks of straw each morning. Serious cleanings every weekend while the chickens are out free ranging for the day.

We put a few doors on the outside and trays that remove from them above them on the inside are the roosts which have a frame that is covered by wire under them! It is hard to explain I will direct you to my page as it has pictures of what I am talking about!
frow.gif

fantastic teach!! I love that idea!! I might need to adopt that! And Chicken, I'll check out your page as well! thanks ya'll!

Quote:
Ha. That is exactly what I do too. Putty knife and all. It keeps the rest of the shavings in the coop clean for a long while.

For some reason I pictured a dropping board being on the floor of the coop. I like this idea because I could use the space underneath it! Will have to show dh tonight. He'll be thrilled I've thought up another project for him.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom