Chicken poop catchers...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TnChickHen, Jul 11, 2011.

1. TnChickHen

TnChickHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    TN
    Well, today is the day we start construction on the new coop!!! I was wondering what some of you are using to catch poop from under the perches. Thanks!! Pics would be GREATLY helpful for me! I'm a visual kind of person

2. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

We painted the floor of the coop with 3 coats of barn paint. We are using the deep-litter method using straw. Cleaning is simple & quick. Gathering a few pitchforks of straw each morning. Serious cleanings every weekend while the chickens are out free ranging for the day.

3. chickensRcute

chickensRcute Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    DeBeque
    We put a few doors on the outside and trays that remove from them above them on the inside are the roosts which have a frame that is covered by wire under them! It is hard to explain I will direct you to my page as it has pictures of what I am talking about![​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Here is my dropping board. I scrape it daily (use a 6" putty knife) into a droppings bucket. Keeps the bedding clean. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. TnChickHen

TnChickHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    TN
    fantastic teach!! I love that idea!! I might need to adopt that! And Chicken, I'll check out your page as well! thanks ya'll!

6. 2overeasy000

2overeasy000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    Quote:Ha. That is exactly what I do too. Putty knife and all. It keeps the rest of the shavings in the coop clean for a long while.

7. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

For some reason I pictured a dropping board being on the floor of the coop. I like this idea because I could use the space underneath it! Will have to show dh tonight. He'll be thrilled I've thought up another project for him. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by