Chicken Poop Delays House Closing

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by nivek2002, Aug 6, 2009.

1. nivek2002

nivek2002 Chirping

Jan 21, 2008
    I am selling my little house in a rural North Texas town. Everything has been going great but the buyers are going with a big bank mortgage, Wells Fargo I think. Wish they would have gone with a local bank, so much less hassle!

Turns out one of the inspections they require got flagged because the inspector saw some chicken poop on my back porch and deemed it a health hazard. So we have not closed yet because they want it cleaned and sanitized. I understand the concern but this is something that could have been, and was taken care of in 5 mins rather than waiting a week to throw a fit. Just wanted to share my frustration. Thanks for listening [​IMG]

Kevin

2. littlegorb

littlegorb Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    Republic of Bayard
    sheez! with all the filth in texas they're worried about chicken poop?! compared to what i've seen when i lived there you would thing that would be a ray of sunshine! you should have just told them it was from a nasty pigeon, that does not belong to you. (okay i know i'll get blasted for this comment but i have good reason for being down on the lonestar state).

3. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Many times, people LOOK for something wrong just so they can try to get it at a lower cost.

My mother had a similar incident with her insurance company where a very large chain cut her homeowner's because her house was considered hazardous--she was having a garage added and when the insurance comp. drove by there were nails on the ground during active construction.

Good luck,

4. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Hee hee . . . I'm sorry, but you have to admit it's pretty funny. Let's hope they never ask what all they're swimming in if they ever go to any lakes or the ocean.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: