chicken poop

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BirchHatchery, Jan 7, 2011.

1. BirchHatchery

BirchHatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    indiana
    i currently have a flock of white rock chickens hatched end of october i have never had chickens that craped so much in a large barn the hole floor is covered in crap and featheres i rake it and mix it daily it does no good it only takes a week for them to make it dirty i have had red sex links and leghorns in their and they have never been so dirty i thought at first it was feed so i switched them chick started to layer/scratch grain mix after this batch of feed is gone im switching to feed mills feed were they mix it themselves with loccaly grown feed and see if that helps any other ideas on what causes this?

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    mmm. chickens, well (crap alot?) [​IMG] not sure on what your question really is? perhaps you need to clean the area more? [​IMG]
    how many chickens are we talking about?

3. BirchHatchery

BirchHatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    indiana
    question is why do these white rock chickens crap more than other breeds i have had i have 30 hens and 5 roos i had 30 sex links and 5 roos and 30 leghorns and 5 roos in their and their pens werre never as dirty as the white rocks are the only thing i can think of is it has to be the feed. i only had to clean the coop out with the other breeds once a month now its more like 2-3 times a month

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by