chicken prices gggrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rays123, Apr 2, 2009.

1. rays123

rays123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    GA
    im about sick of everyone whos jackin up the price to sell easter chicks and chickens. i saw an add today for 7 chicks for $50 thats just ridiculous. anybody seein this in other places?

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

that's crazy; and just think: in a few weeks, there'll be abandoned chickens or "free to good home" or whatever b/c of irresponsible people.... grrrrrrrrrrrr! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    Haven't seen any but haven't been looking either!

4. rays123

Dec 8, 2008
    GA
    Quote:i know people are just trying to make a quick buck and dont even care about the wellness of the animals

5. sunshineinsc

sunshineinsc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    columbia,sc
    On my local craigslist they were asking $20 for a pullet.

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:i suppose thats what byc is here for! i will keep an eye out for chickens after easter and i will "rescue" them from being unwanted...

we should start a thread, and we can post the links to those particular ads?

maybe call it "unwanted easter babies" ???

how could we do it by state?

7. rays123

Dec 8, 2008
    GA
    Quote:i suppose thats what byc is here for! i will keep an eye out for chickens after easter and i will "rescue" them from being unwanted...

we should start a thread, and we can post the links to those particular ads?

maybe call it "unwanted easter babies" ???

how could we do it by state?

we could just put the name of the state first thing on the post before the other stuff like
    GEORGIA- free chicks< see that way it would be easy pickins

8. Superman11383

Superman11383 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Bunnell, Florida
    This sounds a lot like what they do for valentines day with flowers....

9. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I saw an ad on Craigsist last night someone had put in to accept easter Chicks after the "oooo!" wore off - then next easter they could come and get another chick, and bring it back, etc...

Not sure about the revolving chicks part, but putting an ad on craigslist might not be a bad idea.

10. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    yeah, some ppl are deffinately playing up the prices for easter. i am half tempted to buy up some chicki's that people buy their kids for present before realizing the chickens need a lot of care lol. maybe i can find me a EE that way....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by