Chicken prison complete!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TomGallopavo, Mar 24, 2012.

1. TomGallopavo

TomGallopavo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Hillbillyville, MO
    I free-range the little buggers but needed a jail for when I spray round-up, plant grass seed...you know, anything that will hurt them or bother me. I have to do things the hard way (says the little lady) so I put it 5 feet from the coop but wanted them to have access to under the coop so had to build two walkways (see pic). Of course I could have built two more runs with the time it took to build that side of the run...duh. Anyway I am pleased and they spent the last week or so there as the rain washed away the roundup I sprayed in preparation for mulching around the house...or should I say preparing the chicken playground around the house...plus it gave the peonies enough time the bud out enough to not appear as little red bugs. We have lots of rocks to go around the hardwire skirt so fear not...we'll get there. The dog house comes from a stray that violated his rules (torturing roosters to death...I know, my rules are so harsh). He's in a better place now so his house is now Billy Bobs house...I wish sometimes he would be more private when servicing his ladies but how can I explain that to him...I have two little girls 5 and 7. I am very open to ideas for more chicken play stuff that you have found to be successful for when they are jailed up as I always feel slightly guilty sticking them in there...even if it is only a week at a time. Thanks for you help in advance...

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Very pretty! I'm concerned about the can of gasoline right next to the foundation. Gonna burn the facility for insurance? [​IMG]

3. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan

the prison looks too nice to torch, I'm thinking the gas can is a decoration along with the other things around the outside. I like your way of thinking thouogh.

4. dirtbath

dirtbath Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2009
    North Carolina
    LOVE IT!!!!! Great job!

5. SouthCoastguy

SouthCoastguy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2012
    very cool...Nice Job!

6. LoweBow

LoweBow Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2012
    That's awesome!! Beautiful and something to be proud of!

7. Othylocke

Othylocke Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2010
    Dothan, AL
    Love it. Makes me a bit jealous.

8. littlequail21

littlequail21 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2011
    Wow, chicken prison never sounded so good!

9. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    Gallus Palace! the same name I have for my coop! [​IMG]

10. bantiehen

bantiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Montana
    I agree :) :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by