Chicken problems.

FatherRoo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Can wry neck actually kill a chicken?

A couple days ago, my checkered looking hen, checkers, had her head turned unusually, and it hung a bit low, so I suspected wry neck. So today, I came out to check them and give them some bread because we are out of chicken feed. So I found her on the roosting stick, I thought she was going to bed early. But I took a closer look at her, and one wing was hanging open, her head was hanging down all the way, and her head was twisted, and no longer with us. Can wry neck.possibly kill a chicken? Or is their something similar to wry neck that could?

Can wry neck actually kill a chicken?

A couple days ago, my checkered looking hen, checkers, had her head turned unusually, and it hung a bit low, so I suspected wry neck. So today, I came out to check them and give them some bread because we are out of chicken feed. So I found her on the roosting stick, I thought she was going to bed early. But I took a closer look at her, and one wing was hanging open, her head was hanging down all the way, and her head was twisted, and no longer with us. Can wry neck.possibly kill a chicken? Or is their something similar to wry neck that could?
Wry or crook neck can be a symptom of a head injury, a vitamin deficiency, or a disease such as Mareks, Newcastles, and others.

Well, i'm royally mad now. The vet showed up a few moments ago. I was talking to her about the dead chicken when we heard dogs barking and are chickens practically screaming. So, we rushed into the back yard. I found my goats tied to a tree, and two guys,with a pit bull trying to get are chicken coop open! As soon as I got back their, I rushed over and yanked away the leash before are cops called the vet. Their car was down the street at an old church parking lot, with five other dead chickens in a box in their trunk. Needless to say, we just got two teenage punks arrested and the pit bull to a better home.

That may be the craziest story I've read on here yet. I just can't imagine.

I am so sorry. Were the five chickens in the trunk yours?

I'm glad you were home and able to get them arrested and the dog a better caretaker.

People are ridiculous.

No, the chickens weren't mine, they were chickens from down the street. And whats even better, is their the same people who attacked my birds last summer.

Back
Top Bottom