1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Project

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by abuancea, May 13, 2016.

1. abuancea

abuancea Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2015
    USA
    For my Girlscout gold award project I am attempting to spread the wonders of backyard chickens to my local community. I'm creating a basic how-to get started raising chickens brochure to hand out to people as well as an informational youtube video. Part of my brochure is people talking about how much they love their chickens, so if some people would be willing to say a couple sentences about their favorite part of chicken keeping and/or the benefits from raising the chickens that would help me out immensely. If you are willing to be quoted just comment your few sentences below. Thank you very much in advance.

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    "Theres no better feeling than raising your own chicks, and watching them grow up, and then, getting your first eggs"!

3. abuancea

May 8, 2015
    USA
    Thank you c:

4. abuancea

May 8, 2015
    USA
    Does anybody have a quote the I could use?

5. specks321

specks321 Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2016
    Chickens are underestimated, they are loving, loyal and friendly. They are great company and there's no better animal.

6. specks321

May 19, 2016
  7. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Chickens are the ultimate back yard pet. They provide weed and insect control. They will till your soil, provide free fertilizer and mulch. If cared for properly, they are odor free. Unlike many dogs, they are not noisy unless they have something important to say. They will make happily make your breakfast.

8. Iittle Chicken

Iittle Chicken Just Hatched

May 20, 2016
    Yay!!
    Chickens are a species overlooked so greatly by the vast majority. They have such characters, delicious eggs and what you put in, you get out. Raising chicks along side your girls is an experience so great any one who misses it is extremely unfortunates. Chickens are beautiful creatures, I wish more people could see that.

9. specks321

May 19, 2016
    Yeah, good one lazy gardener.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  10. KrazyKatLady

KrazyKatLady Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2016
    I just got into chickens and what has surprised me is how much personality these birds have!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by