chicken propane tank

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by chickee35, May 12, 2009.

1. chickee35

chickee35 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    I want to paint my propane tank to look like a chicken or rooster. Anyone have any pictures or ideas on this???? Thanks in advance...Sandy [​IMG]:

2. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I don't have any pics or ideas except to try a google search. I knew someone that did a cow propane tank years ago. I am not much of an artist!

Good Luck!

3. chickee35

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    Yeah, I have been google imaging..... nothing chicken, I have found cows, pigs, even Oscar Meyer Weiners! I remember seeing one one painted like a chicken, just can't seem to find it anywhere. Thought that I would try my luck with all of the other chicken lovers on this forum.

4. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    That's a very cool idea!!!! If you find a picture, please post it. Now that you mention it, I'd love to do that to ours.

5. chickee35

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    I checked with our local co-op. Just to be sure that I don't violate any safety codes etc. They said not to use any dark colors. Because of heat absorbtion. Other than that, I should be good to go! I will definetely post a pic when I get it finshed. Thanks!

6. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    I can't wait to see this!!!!

DH thinks we are all crazy anyway, I need to show him this one when you get it done!!

Jean

7. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by