Chicken puffed up not eating or drinking

BirdBrain22

Chirping
May 30, 2022
Michigan
My chicken is not eating or drinking. I noticed green stools under where she sleeps. I have COVID and I’m im the quarantine phase so I can’t take her to a vet. What do I do?

My chicken is not eating or drinking. I noticed green stools under where she sleeps. I have COVID and I’m im the quarantine phase so I can’t take her to a vet. What do I do?
When did she last lay an egg? The green poops are likely due to her not eating. But, just to be safe, can you get a photo of the poops?
Is she able to walk, or is she staying laying down? How old is she?

When did she last lay an egg? The green poops are likely due to her not eating. But, just to be safe, can you get a photo of the poops?
Is she able to walk, or is she staying laying down? How old is she?
I cleaned out the poop already, they were very small grass green colored stools. She is still walking. She ate two bites of hard boiled egg this morning. Her last egg was yesterday but she usually lays every day. She is about 7 months old.

Luckily my husband was able to get out of work early and take her to the vet, but we haven’t gotten any answers yet.

I cleaned out the poop already, they were very small grass green colored stools. She is still walking. She ate two bites of hard boiled egg this morning. Her last egg was yesterday but she usually lays every day. She is about 7 months old.

Luckily my husband was able to get out of work early and take her to the vet, but we haven’t gotten any answers yet.
Im wondering if maybe she is egg bound. If she hasnt laid an egg yet today, its possible. Do you see her showing signs of discomfort, maybe moving her tail up and down slightly, or being less active?
Did the vet take some tests?
@azygous

Im wondering if maybe she is egg bound. If she hasnt laid an egg yet today, its possible. Do you see her showing signs of discomfort, maybe moving her tail up and down slightly, or being less active?
Did the vet take some tests?
@azygous
The vet is giving her an antibiotic for a bacterial infection. Our hens have been struggling with cocci so they think her immune system couldn’t fight off the secondary infection. The vet said they are seeing more strains of cocci that are resistant to corid so it’s really important to keep they area as clean as possible. They are giving her fluids and then she will be on her way home. I appreciate everyone’s help.

Back
Top Bottom