1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

***chicken Questions***

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Louieandthecrew, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

If you have ANY questions about your chickens you can ask right here! I will answer as best I can and you can also help other people with their questions!

2. Louieandthecrew

NOBODY has chicken questions?!?! Come on! Don't be shy! Every question is a good question. I won't call you stupid or anything like that!

3. TrystInn

TrystInn Songster

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Sure, I'm looking for hatcheries with day old chicks! Every one I've tried seems to be sold out.

Thank you!

4. Louieandthecrew

okay! Try going to McMurrayhatchery.com. I am planning on getting some chicks next Spring from there!
    I hope that helped!
    Good luck finding chicks!

5. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Songster

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Wondering what type or brand of feed that others use. I would like to find a more complete feed that does not cost a arm and leg. I would like a more healthy chicken, but they are already pretty healthy. I can't let them free range all the time. Even if is as simple as mixing a few different types of feed from the feed store. I did have a good Game chicken mix, but we have only a few Games left and I have started raising regular Standard chickens. They seemed to do find one the previous mix but would eat it all in half the time....I tried feeding lay pellets and corn mix my first 6months or so and quickly found out that they needed more protein, so I added floating catfish food. That has worked for many years now, but they have seemed to be tiered of that. I have very little scraps, so the outside dogs get those. So , I guess I am looking for ideas.

6. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Songster

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Quote:Have you tried Ideal?

7. Louieandthecrew

Hello Jeslewmazer,
    I don't know exactly what kind of chicken feed that my chickens have at the moment but I will see as soon as I can. Sorry I can't answer you right away! I will go see tomorrow if I have the time!

8. Louieandthecrew

Any more chicken questions anyone?!?!

9. 3buffalo

3buffalo In the Brooder

Sep 14, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Do I have to provide oyster shell or similar item if I am using a complete feed?

David

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Crowing

Jan 14, 2008
    Why DID the chicken cross the road?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: