Chicken ready for coop

Newbyc

Chirping
Aug 4, 2019
So I think my 6week old chickens are ready for the coop should they be ok at night temp are not to cold here in az any ideas I should do for them to feel comfortable at night like bedding etc I do have plenty of water and food and lots of space seems to stay pretty warm even on rainy days when the rain does come around lol I also put there kiddie pool in there they have been since I got them...

Attachments

• 402E3A83-0607-4DC0-8E25-D26B0097CC98.jpeg
    402E3A83-0607-4DC0-8E25-D26B0097CC98.jpeg
    503.1 KB · Views: 21
By 6 weeks they're feathered out enough to be outside as long as temperatures are moderate. Is that your coop in the photo? If yes, I would definitely have bedding throughout the area to make for easier clean up. Is the wood thing they're hanging out in supposed to be nest boxes? You don't want them to get in the habit of sleeping in nest boxes.

By 6 weeks they're feathered out enough to be outside as long as temperatures are moderate. Is that your coop in the photo? If yes, I would definitely have bedding throughout the area to make for easier clean up. Is the wood thing they're hanging out in supposed to be nest boxes? You don't want them to get in the habit of sleeping in nest boxes.
No they have the tires and there kiddie pool I also plane to put milk crests for there nesting boxes I just started to put them out there part time but they seem to be ready to be out there

2x @rosemarythyme ...
What material is your flooring? Shavings on the flooring will keep things alot cleaner and easier to clean.

That wood structure they are hanging out in, I hope it's nailed/screwed together & not just balanced.

The siding? They'll start pecking and hopefully it's not something they can peck through.

Hove fun with your chicks :hugs

2x @rosemarythyme ...
What material is your flooring? Shavings on the flooring will keep things alot cleaner and easier to clean.

That wood structure they are hanging out in, I hope it's nailed/screwed together & not just balanced.

The siding? They'll start pecking and hopefully it's not something they can peck through.

Hove fun with your chicks :hugs
Oh the stand it hand build screws in and very Sturdy I can sit on it lol I made sure I was not going to. Collapse I know there’s a few things I need to add

Back
Top Bottom