Chicken recipes (not what you think).

GardenDave

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 5, 2013
Hi all, just thought I'd share with you all one of my flocks favourite treats. It's called left over pie, and really it isn't a pie at all. I take all the left over casserole, hot pot, stew, whatever you want to call it (I'm vegetarian so no meat) and I mix it all up with a little mixed corn. I cram as much as possible of it into an unused dog bowl before topping it with a thick layer of more mixed corn. I'm going to make a video of the chickens when they see the next one I make them. They love it - and they love me because of it lol.

64559_10200525432087168_1868448373_n.jpg

The sad thing is I put loads of effort into this for it to look really nice, tasty and neat for them hahaha.

Looks good enough for me to try!! I do something kinda sorta similar. Once or twice a year on cold winter mornings I'll make them a "stew" out of things in the cupboard...that little bit of pancake mix that isn't enough for a whole batch, that box of blueberry muffin mix that I think might have meal moths, the box of instant grits I bought 10 years ago and never ate.....make it into a big porridge, let it cool a little and let them have at it. They like it, it warms them up, my cupboards get cleaned out and nothing went to waste!

Back
Top Bottom