Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by RooManRed, Jun 11, 2008.
We are looking for all kind of chicken recipes so send us your ideas !!!
Heres a few
just got his one today, will definately try it soon. We used to make packets like this on the grill.
Grilled Chicken and Vegetables Packets
Individual foil packets make this dish a snap to prepare. You can easily make the packets ahead of timejust refrigerate until ready to grill. From Prevention Healthy Cooking.
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:35 min
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
2 green and/or red bell peppers, cut into strips
1 lb red potatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1. Spray unheated grill rack with cooking spray. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
2. Place each chicken breast in center of a 12-inch by 18-inch piece of foil. Divide bell peppers and potatoes evenly over chicken breasts.
3. In small bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, orange juice, salt, black pepper and red pepper. Evenly drizzle over chicken and vegetables.
4. Bring up 2 long sides of each piece of foil and double-fold with a 1-inch wide fold. Double-fold each end to form a packet.
5. Place packets, seam side up, on rack. Cover and grill packets 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of breast reads 160°F and juices run clear. Place packets on plates. Cut a large X across top of packet; fold back foil.
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 400mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 8g); Protein 33g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 4 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
MyPyramid Servings 4 oz-equivalents Meat & Beans, 1 c Vegetables
Copyright 2008, Rodale, Inc.
heres another one
I should spank all of you on this thread! LOL
Have you completely forgotten the BYC Egg and Chicken Recipe forum?
Now, get to cookin'!
sorry, i just replied, didnt notice where it was posted.....