1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Chicken recipes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by miron28, Sep 23, 2008.

1. miron28

miron28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    Hello everybody, any one got any good chicken recipes? fried, baked etc?

2. Nemo

Nemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    N'rn Wisconsin
    A simple one, but one of our favorites...

Put a couple chicken breasts in a pyrex baking dish. Smother with salsa. Bake at 350° until cooked thoroughly. (About 40 minutes?)

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
  4. check out Allreceipies.com, they havelotsof different recipes, sure to find something you like if not try the Amish website, its great to marrie

5. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    The dutch oven is the best way to cook chicken in cooler weather. We do leg 1/4's.

Melt a little "real" butter in the pan, add garlic, onions. lightly brown, add chicken, fresh mushrooms and cream of whatever soup you like. bake 375 for and hour and a half ish, untill nice and tender. serve over wild rice.

Steve in NC

6. Rainman

Rainman Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2008
    Woodinville WA.
    I invented a good recipe last week. I took chicken pieces and removed all skin. Dipped in beaten eggs then breaded and baked at 375 for about an hour give or take.

The breading was:

Old London Lemmon Pepper bread crumbs which was "kicked up" with:

seasoned pepper, about a teaspoon
    Johnny's Season Salt, about a teaspoon
    Emmerils essence, about a tablespoon
    adjust to your taste.

get the chicken good and eggy, liberally coat with the breading, add fire, eat.

mmmmmmmmm. My boys and I loved it. Mom was out of town so it was just us men to fend for ourselves.

Very fast and easy to make. Also with skin and excess fat removed, very healthy.

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    take lipton onion soup mix, i use about half a packet and store the rest in the fridge. mix with equal amounts of olive oil and use a basting brush to "paint the chicken" and bake at 425 for 35 - 40 minutes. it is so yummy!

wendy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by